Its about Memories..Its about Creation...it's about time

Call us Toll Free

888-901-9173

A Big Birthday Wish Mobile by Chris

Hi from Designer Chris! I created something a little different today, using one of the new December stamp releases, A Big Birthday Wish, which is fantastic! I love big, bold sentiments and this one delivers! And we all need birthday stamps. Just sayin'. I wanted to do something a little different for this birthday wish, so I created a mobile, and made all the parts involved, by printing out digi paper and die cutting shapes. Let's check it out!

 

Supply List:

Sparkle N Sprinkle products:
A Big Birthday Wish stamp set [00-931P8]
Violets for You stamp set [00-925P5]
Violets for You digi stamp set [DIGI4008FS]
Sparkle embossing powder [EP107]
Orange Marmalade embossing powder [EP323]
Cherry embossing powder [EP228]
Anti Static Bag [99512]
1/4" Tear-ific Tape [SAT01]

Other products:
Tonic 12" Advantage V Blade Trimmer [159e]
Tonic Tim Holtz Stamp Platform [1707e]
Tonic Tangerine machine [138e]
Tonic Hexagon Layering Basics Die Set [1521e]
Tonic Scalloped Circles Layering Basic Die Set [1455e]
Tonic Swirling Frame Layering Die Set [1462e]
Jewel Picker [91GR-C]
Versafine Onyx Black ink [VF-82]
Versamark ink [VM-001]
Sunset Serenade Diamond Hybrid Ink Pads [82N]
Nuvo Blue Babe Crystal Drops [693N]
Nuvo Red Berry Crystal Drops [667N]
Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive [200N]
Hai Diamonds Sequins [Q3-006]

I love embossing powder! To create the sentiment panel, I treated cardstock with the Anti Static Bag, then inserted the cardstock in the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform. I lined up my stamps, adhered them to the lid, and then inked them up with Versamark ink. I stamped them onto the panel, and sprinkled on embossing powder. I used Orange Marmalade for the "birthday" and Cherry for the "happy". I die cut the cardstock with Tonic's Swirling Frame Layering Die Set and then ink blended some purple ink onto the edges of the die cut, while the die was still on the paper - this creates a subtle white border! I then traced the die onto some solid cardstock and fussy cut it out. This gave me a slightly larger "frame" to layer behind the die cut panel.

 

I created the "dangles" too, for this mobile. I printed out some of the Violets for You digi papers, and then die cut them with Tonic's Hegazon Layering Basics Die Set, and layered them together (more on this below). I stamped out the butterflies, onto more of the Violets for You digi papers, with the Sunset Serenade Diamond Hybrid Inks, and then overstamped them with Versamark (using the Stamp Platform). I sprinkled on Sparkle embossing powder and heat set them. This gave the butterflies a bit of color, gloss, and sparkle! I layered them onto the "dangles" using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive. 

 

Here is another close up of the top of the mobile. I die cut a layer with black cardstock, using the Toni Swirling Frame Layering Die Set, and my Tonic Tangerine. I layered this under the sentiment panel, and placed all of these onto a repurposed chipboard tag. I punched holes in the top and strung some ribbon. I also stamped out some violets, like the butterflies noted above, and adhered them on the top and along the dangles too. I squeezed on some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Red Berry and Blue Babe. I also used my Jewel Picker to pick up and place some Hai Iridescent Diamonds onto the panel too. These are SO AWESOME!

 

And another image of it hanging. I used big and little dangles on the top and bottom and the butterflies and violets for the middle, for each line of dangles.

 

And finally ... here is how I created the dangles. I die cut five of the same sizes of hexagon for each "dangle" ball, from the Violets for You digi papers I printed out. I scored them down the center, and then folded them. I used Tear-ific tape, and placed it inside two opposite edges. I adhered five together to create the dangle ball. I fussy cut out the violets and butterflies, and adhered them to vellum circles I die cut using Tonic's Scalloped Circle Layering Basics Die Set. Here are all the dangles, before I started stringing them together.

 

Here is one of the balls, almost finished. I left one edge unadhered, until I wrapped it around the line to dangle it. I squeezed on a strip of Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive, inside the dangle ball to attach to the line inside. I peeled off the last bit of release paper and adhered the ball shut. This worked really well to hold the dangle ball onto the line.

 

This was a really fun project to make! I was really happy with how it came out, and I think I might have to do some more mobiles and other dimensional projects in the future! And, this A Big Birthday Wish stamp set is fantastic! I know I will use it a lot!

 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

 

-Chris

 

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

This blog post first appeared on Sparkle N Sprinkle's blog.

Leave a comment

Comments have to be approved before showing up
Sale

Unavailable

Sold Out