Hello, Sparkle N Sprinkle Friends! Donna E, here, and I'm so glad you could visit!
Today's card share is about distressing - from ink to glitter to embossing powders. I distress with them all, and hope you will enjoy it, too!
My inky rendition depicts that period of time just after dusk. I can hear softly hooting owls in the trees talking to one another, the chirping of happy insects announcing the full moon, croaking toads and frogs in search of goodies, and perhaps even some "night owls" doing their crafting!
I printed out The Great Horned Owl digital set TWICE.
One owl was fussy cut to make a mask. The other was colored with Copic Markers. This is one of the colored images you will receive in the digital set.
After die cutting a circle and placing it on top of the owl mask, I used distress inks in Black Soot, Blueprint, and Stormy Sky to create a night sky.
The frame process:
I thoroughly enjoy "distressing" with glitters and embossing powders!
frame close up:
The set comes with a leafy twig - great for framing or using around the branch. Here I used it in rubber, embossing with more Radiant Moss Green embossing powder to give the leaves a night time appearance.
The sentiment was stamped with Nocturne VersaFine Clair and heat set with Black Detail embossing powder. It was distressed with the same colors as the sky background.
The Tonic Handmade paper was distressed with 3 colors of mousse.
- Sparkle N Sprinkle "The Great Horned Owl #912" digital and rubber sets)
- Black Diamond Microfine Glitter GM2046 (frame)
- Fleur de Lis Chunky Opaque embossing powder EP465 (great for distressing)
- Super Thick Black embossing powder EP461 (ultra glossy)
- Radiant Moss Green embossing powder EP 271 (used on leaves and for distressing around the frame)
- Black Detail embossing powder EP171 (sentiment)
- Super Adhesive Sheets (for frame holding glitter)
- Inks: VersaMark Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Black Soot Oxide, Stormy Cloud And Blueprint Distress inks
- Tonic Layering Dies Circles
- 1/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape (adhering frame to fun foam, and foam to card base)
- Copic Markers
- Fun Foam (to make dimension for frame)
- Spellbinders Labels Four (for shaped frame)
- Copper Feathers Handmade paper