Hello, Sparkle N Sprinkle friends! I hope you are enjoying a great week. Donna here with a birthday card for my truck and tractor loving husband. We live on a mini farm, and my husband's assortment of "old" things is not as vast as it once was, but the nostalgia and permanence of his "toys" bring him lots of pleasure. Hence, This Old Truck birthday card!
With the stamps from the I Love Old Trucks set, I decided to stay with neutral colors. Monochromatic coloring can often be our best friend when designing cards or scrapbook pages.
The image and sentiment were heat embossed with Timber Opaque EP. It's a dark embossing powder that shows its highlights when the light hits it.
While Timber Opaque EP is a dark brown, it shows up beautifully against the darker colors (like tires) in the image - just check out the tread in those tires:
After "watercoloring" the image with distress inks, Tombow markers and Prismacolor pencils, a VersaMarker Pen was used on the windows and headlights, and then dredged with a light coating of Clear Detail EP. This heightened the bluish-grey tone of the glass, but allowed the textured blending paper to still shown through, kind of like "old glass".
For more information, or to see larger photos you can click on, please visit my personal blog post here.
- Images: I Love Old Trucks 890 (also available digitally with fabulously colored trucks!)
- Embossing Powders: Timber Opaque EP469 (for the truck and sentiment), Clear Detail EP280 (for the windows and headlights)
- Inks: VersaMarker Pen, VersaFire Clair Acorn, Antique Linen Distress, Black Soot Distress
- Other Coloring Mediums: Prismacolor Pencils, Tombow Markers
- Dies and Punches: SB Majestic Labels 25, MS "Cherish" Edge punch, SW Double Pierced Rectangles, IO Grass
- Paper: Ivory Blender CS, True Thyme, Black