Special Fairy Greetings to very special YOU! Camellia says "hello" on behalf of Donna E, today's card designer.
Camellia is not shy at all, and wants to share this fairy selfie close up before losing sight of her. Her sweet pose inside the flower is fairy easy to color, using your favorite medium:
After coloring my impish fairy with Copic Markers, and die cutting her out, I applied a scrap of double sided Super Adhesive Sheets to my yellow cardstock, and die cut the shape out with the protective layer still in place. The Mixed Edge Diamond Layering Dies were used - I love these mixed edge basic nesting dies because of the visual interest achieved during the layering process. PLUS there are TEN dies in the set! A great value.
When cutting double sided sticky tape, or Super Adhesive Sheets, be sure remove the ultra glossy protective layer on the bottom first. The die will easily cut through the remaining protective layer, tape and cardstock.
The decorative border was cut to size, glued on the back of the panel, and then flipped over. I pulled off the protective layer from the yellow panel, applied the image, and then burnished with Velvet Micro Fine Glitter Butterscotch.
I set the prepared panel aside to work on the card base. After dry embossing, Yellow Pearlescent Brilliance ink was smooshed around the outer parts of the card. It looked pretty like that, but I wanted more depth on the edges:
I heat set the Brilliance ink so the embossing powder would not stick to it; then used a VersaMarker Pen around the edges, applied Buttercup Petal embossing powder, and heat set again. In a few places, more VersaMarker and EP were applied to bring out a greater depth of yellow. This color EP keep my yellow theme, rather than turning it gold, and taking away from the cheerful buttery color. The added sparkly distressing brought even more dimension.
The greeting was also distressed with Buttercup Petal embossing powder. The close-up below shows the texture of this glittery EP on the edges of the card and greeting, and how shiny the velvety microfine glitter is:
Thanks for stopping by, sparkle friends! Camellia Fairy and I sincerely appreciate your visit. For more information, please visit my blog.
Sparkly Products Used:
- SNS Pretty Blooms Rubber Stamp Set 873 (also available digitally)
- SNS Velvet Micro Fine Glitter Butterscotch GM2051
- SNS Buttercup Petal embossing powder EP389
- SNS double sided Super Adhesive Sheets
- Tonic Mixed Edge Diamond Layering Dies
- Camellia Fairy Rubber Stamp (currently on sale 50% off) $3.50
- Camellia Fairy Die Set
- Camellia Fairy Rubber Stamp and Die Set Bundle
- All the Tonic Fairies- here
- Paper: SNS Neenah Solar White Cardstock (for alcohol markers), SU Daffodil Delight, Ballet Blue, Bold Blue
- Inks: VersaMarker Pen, Memento Danube Blue, Memento Paris Dusk, Brilliance Pearlescent Yellow
- Embossing Folders: Craft Concepts - "Secret Garden", Crafters Companion "Floral Wonder"
- Punches: SU Oval, MS Daisy Edge
- MISC: Copic Markers, Crinkle Ribbon from DLArt, Fabric Brad