Anne here and I'm sharing an oldie but goodie technique called a slider card with you today. You pull on each side to reveal what's behind the focal panel. I used this tutorial, but you can Google slider card instructions to find a whole bunch of them.
This slider card was created using the Flower Thanks Layering stamp set by Hampton Arts. If you haven't visited the new SNS website lately, you might not know that Sparkle N Sprinkle also sells a nice selection of Hampton Art, Stampendous, House Mouse, and Tonic Studios rubber stamps.
After cutting the pieces of white cardstock, I inked them up using Distress Inks (Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac) and Distress Oxides (Wilted Violet, Broken China). Once I was happy with the colors, I laid a Tim Holtz stencil (Burlap) on top and lightly spritzed it with a homemade shimmer spray (Perfect Pearls spray or plain water would work as well). This lifted some of the ink off the paper and left the burlap impression.
On the front cover, I stamped the solid flower stamp multiple times with VersaMark and heat set with Dandy Dandelion embossing powder. Depending on the color of the background, the base flower had different hues of yellows. Then I used the detailed flower and stamped on top of the base flower with VersaMark and heat set it with White Detail embossing powder. (I didn't try to line up the detailed stamp with the solid.) The little swirls, which are part of the set were stamped with Wilted Violet Distress Ink.
Nuvo Crystal Drops (Dandelion Yellow) added a pop of color and dimension to the flower centers. I also randomly added some Nuvo Jewel Drops (Sea Breeze, Pale Periwinkle) to the background. The darker areas of the background gave the Pale Periwinkle a more pinkish tone. I love that it can pick up colors like that.
When you slide the card open, you'll see that I used the same technique to color these. The flower on the left panel was stamped the same as above, using VersaMark, Dandy Dandelion embossing powder, overlaid with White Detail embossing powder.
The center swirl and the sentiment were stamped with VersaMark and heat set with Amethyst embossing powder. The sentiment on the right panel was created the same way. I punched a small hole in the end and threaded a strip of ribbon through it.
There are so many variations you could do with this slider card. The next one I make I think I'll have both the right and left panels the same size and corner round both edges. I may or may not have part of the underlying stamping show along the edges. 😀 I already have another one in mind, so I guess we'll wait and see.