Hi! Donna here, with today's simple yet sparkly card.
It's a "fur-th-day day" for the tail wagging fur babies in our families.
My card features Sparkle N Sprinkle's Abby's and Walter's Birthday. The darling set has 2 colored versions - one with the background, and one without. I colored this image with Copic Markers, and it is the same colored image available with the digital set, in addition to the black and white version.
The frame was made with Tonic Twisting Verenda Layering Die Set 1113E which contains 11 dies to be used in an assortment of ways. With Nuvo Glue Pen Large I adhered sparkly Starfire Ultrafine glitter to the frame. The Glue Pen is quick drying, even here in humid Florida. Then the glittered frame was adhered with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape to a matching die cut piece of fun foam for added dimension.
The balloons were die cut from a piece of scrap paper that had been heat set with Mediterranean Star Embossing Powder. Fantastic glitter in this EP. The balloon in the back was coated with more Nuvo Glue Pen and dredged with Starfire Ultrafine Glitter to lighten the color a bit, but keep it monochromatic in appearance. The balloon tails are glittery, too, because a black Copic Marker colored over the embossing powder.
A fun card to make!
- Sparkle N Sprinkle Abby's and Walter's Birthday
- Starfire Ultrafine Glitter G1017,
- Mediterranean Star Embossing Powder EP429
- Tonic Twisting Verenda Layering Die Set 1113E
- Nuvo Glue Pen Large (adhere glitter to frame)
- Handmade English Lace Paper (background)
- 1/4" Tear-ific Tape (adhere to handmade cotton paper)
- Cardstock: White, Navy, Handmade Lace Paper
For more details about this card, please see my blog post here.
Wishing you a happy day!