Hello, glitter friends! Donna E here with a question: Do you enjoy playing with your artsy stash? I do - it's what makes paper crafting so much fun for me. I have a delightful share today that was easy to color and, it turns out, impossible to mess up! (Don't you love those "impossible-to-mess-up" projects?)
Today's project contains a bit of mixed media styling, using every bit of this gorgeous 6x6 Stampendous Stamp called Sunny Sketch! But the stamp would also be great just using portions of it, especially if you are an A2 card enthusiast.
I took a photo of it with just color, and some ric rac added.
I loved the way it looked with only the color - no glitter or embellishment.
But we all know I can't NOT add glitter! (love the double negative?)
After heat setting with White Detail Embossing Powder, I used assorted Watercolor sprays, markers, and reinkers - whatever was in my stash with colors I wanted to achieve. It was fun and easy! An acrylic block was my palette and I scribbled, dabbed and sprayed whatever color onto it. Then an Aqua Flow brush made easy work of the colors.
TIP: Be sure to wet your paper before applying color for more fluid blending.
This two-pack includes one medium brush and one fine brush.
I stamped a 2nd flower, embossed AND colored it, and spritzed with Nuvo Mica Mist in Turkish Rose and Violet Lustre, both front and back. This effortlessly produced a pearly iridescent flower, resisting the White Detail Embossing Powder. The flower was spritzed with water, and each petal was crimped and shaped. Every 2nd or 3rd petal was cut off so the flower beneath could be seen:
The flower center was fun! I adhered layers of Pink Fizz MicroFine Glitter (new color), Glass Glitter in Fuchsia and Silver, Silver Leaf Tinsel Glitter and some micro beads on top with Dimensional Glue:
Raspberry Pink Crystal Drops have been used inside the yellow flower, along the bottom border, and a few other places. Dimensional Glue with Starfire Ultrafine Glitter was also used along the border and elsewhere:
- SNS Stampendous Sunny Sketch 6CR004 Rubber Stamp on Cling
- SNS Hampton Art Word Layering Greetings SC0752
- SNS White Detail Embossing Powder
- SNS Nuvo Mica Mist in Nebula Blue, Turkish Rose, Violet Lustre
- SNS Silver Leaf Tinsel Glitter GT3004
- SNS Glass Glitter in Fuchsia and Silver
- SNS Pink Fizz MicroFine Glitter GM2050
- SNS Starfire Ultrafine Glitter
- SNS Raspberry Pink Crystal Drops
- SNS Dimensional Glue, Brushable Glue
- SNS Nuvo Aqua Flow water brush (has medium and fine in the pack)
- Assorted Watercolor sprays, water-based markers, water-based reinkers
- Papers: 110lb Neenah cardstock in white, turquoise, sunny yellow
- Spellbinders: Grand Nestabilities Labels One, Grand Nestabilities Decorative Labels One