Greetings from Donna E! Here in Florida, we are entering our hottest, muggiest summer months, so I'm cooling down with a bit of Christmas Nostalgia. For even more information, please visit my blog post.
For an additional 10% off your SNS orders, please use the code during checkout:
My card size is an A7 (approximately 5.5" x 7.5"), but you can make this card any size, including A2 by looking at this tutorial.
Some products used on my card:
Often, I don't have a die that perfectly fits the layers in my card. That's when I pull out my punches and custom fit the borders. There are 3 pieces of punched border, like this on the back:
The back of a step card is a great place to add a note or other sentiment. One of my favorite sentiments for the year from the Happy Holidays rubber stamp set, it was stamped in Acorn Brown Hybrid Ink to match the cardstock. Not just another pretty set of letters, the sentiment is just as lovely for the inside of a card, as well as a card front:
TIP: Use glitter as a shadow or background.
The snowflake was cut out 4 times in white cardstock. Two of the flakes were coated with Fantasy Gold Ultrafine Glitter. When dry, the white layers were adhered to the glittery layers, slightly offset. Vintage colors were used on the Christmas Skate Digital Stamp:
- Sparkle N Sprinkle Christmas Skate Digital Stamp 789 (available in rubber)
- Sparkle N Sprinkle Happy Holidays Rubber Stamp 897 (available digitally)
- Acorn Brown Hybrid Ink
- Fantasy Gold Ultrafine Glitter G1001
- Tonic Winter Snowflake Die 1016E (it's a large, fully detailed die)
- Adhesives: Deluxe Adhesive with fine tip, 1/4" Tear-ific Double Sided Tape
- Spellbinders: Floral Ovals die set
- Tattered Lace: Center Step Card die set
- White, Brown, Gold cardstock
- Computer-generated words along bottom of card
- Other Inks: Walnut Stain Oxide, Antique Linen Distress, Black Soot Oxide
thanks for stopping by!